Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tweet-less

Why do professional athletes have twitter accounts? It’s not like any of them can write well enough to merit reading one. I know these people, particularly professional basketball and football players, earned a higher education based on their ability to make a ball go through a hoop and assault opposing players in a violent fashion. So, why don’t any of them use it in a constructive manner? I have to sit through various one hundred and forty character assaults on the English language telling me:

“just picked up some turntables... trying to get my dj on.”
-Miles Austin, Cowboys Wide Receiver

That didn’t make anyone’s life any better. That was a poorly punctuated waste of megabytes. It would be nice if any of these gentlemen could use their immense wealth to help people in a way that wasn’t mandated by the NFL or seemed insincere.

But wait, there’s more!

“Feeling good...better yet great...chilllllan”
-Cody Brown Arizona Cardinals Linebacker

I’m glad I found out this man can’t spell Chilean. Maybe, what they say about football causing brain damage is true.

Professional athletes should leave their communication skills on the field, as most of their tweets are better suited for trash talking, and instead use their free time for better enhancing the lives of the less fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the tweeting thing at all. Moreover, when my favorite athletes are tweeting during a game...I question why they drop balls or throw interceptions...they should probably be looking at aerial shots of the coverages.
    Ted Maguire

    ReplyDelete